If you are not done so, Get Your Moving Quote!
Working with the Packers:
* Point out to the packers any extra-fragile items needing special attention. Mark appropriately any items you do not want packed or moved, as well as cartons you will want first when the van arrives at destination.
* If you are doing your own packing, make sure everything is ready to go before moving day. Upon arrival, the van operator will check to see if boxes have been properly packed.
* Collect things you definitely want packed together, such as children’s toys, and place in separate groups.
* Unplug all electronic appliances 24 hours in advance of a move, except plasma televisions, so that they will be at room temperature on moving day. This includes home computers, stereos, and audio/video equipment.
Last Minute Details:
* Check closets, cabinets, and storage lockers for any articles overlooked.
* Be on hand when the service representative arrives to prepare your appliances for shipment.
* It is your responsibility to see that all mechanical and electrical equipment is properly serviced for shipping prior to the arrival of the moving van at your expense. If you have failed to have an article serviced, the van operator may load and haul it but will mark the inventory sheet "Not Serviced." Request a copy of the "Moving Appliances & Other Home Furnishings" booklet for more information.